The Triangle Area Hotel Motel Association (TAHMA) has established a scholarship for a full-time student enrolled in a hospitality industry program in a North Carolina university or college. This scholarship will be awarded in the amount of $1,500.
TAHMA has specific requirements that must be met in order to qualify for the scholarships. These requirements are stated below and outlined in the attached application.
The following requirements must be met in order to be considered for the scholarship:
- Student must be currently enrolled in a North Carolina higher education learning program.
- Candidate must have completed 1 year and be currently enrolled as a student in a hospitality or culinary program.
- Candidate must have at least a 3.0 average at the time of application.
- Application must be accompanied by a letter of recommendation from a professor.
- Please attach a two page essay, double-spaced on, “Why are you are interested in the hospitality industry as a career?” Include: field of focus and career plans/goals
- Demonstrate an aptitude, interest and enthusiasm for the hospitality or culinary industry
All applications are reviewed by the TAHMA board of directors, who will select a scholarship recipient based on the best criteria as outlined in the application. We are very excited about this opportunity, and look forward to working with your program.